The TOWN OF THESSALON
is hiring a
STEWARDSHIP YOUTH RANGER TEAM LEAD
Job Term: seasonal up to twelve (12) weeks
Salary: $21.27 per hour
The Town of Thessalon is seeking a highly-motivated and team-oriented individual to provide leadership, motivation and supervision for a
team of four youths working in the field of natural resource management. The Team Lead will have the skills to work cooperatively with
many community partners in the planning and implementation of stewardship projects. The Team Lead must be capable of performing
strenuous tasks outdoors, often over rough terrain and in adverse weather conditions. Experience in natural resource management
and leadership would be an asset.
• Knowledge of and experience in staff supervision.
• Knowledge of group dynamics and team building.
• Knowledge and understanding of ecological sustainability principles and practices.
• Knowledge of personal computers/software including word processing and electronic mail.
• Ability to create a stimulating work environment for Stewardship Youth Rangers.
• Experience in natural resource management and leadership would be an asset.
• Must possess a valid driver's licence.
• Must hold or have the ability to obtain a valid Standard First Aid certification.
• Must hold or have the ability to obtain a valid Pleasure Craft Operators Card.
You must show in your cover letter clearly, completely and concisely how you meet the eligibility requirements. A Job Description is available
at the Thessalon Municipal Office.
In accordance with our Accessibility Policy, applicants with disabilities will be accommodated. You are encouraged to make any requests known
to Human Resources in advance.
Your cover letter and resume will be received at the Thessalon Municipal Office until 4:00 p.m. on May 9, 2019 by the following:
Robert P. MacLean, Clerk-Treasurer
Town of Thessalon
P.O. Box 220, 187 Main Street
Thessalon, ON P0R 1L0
Note: Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified.